Thursday, July 24, 2008

All stressed up and nowhere to go


Ok, in my last blog I said I wasn't going to whine about being stressed out. But I'm still stressed out 2 weeks later so I decided it would be ok for me to start my whining. This is going to be fun.

Eat. Sleep. Work. Work. Work. Work. Maybe eat lunch at work if I have time. Sleep. Work. Work.

This is what I've been doing since my vacation.........which was like 5 weeks ago!!!!!!! Dude, what the heck! I cannot get caught up at work even though I've had my nose to the grindstone 99% of the time. But there is something happening with this that I've never experienced before....prepare to be shocked:

My bosses care that I am out of bandwidth (which is the new cool phrase for saying you're too busy; I actually really hate corporate buzz words, but I sometime use them. If fact I am going to start a new post soon of the corporate buzz words I love to hate.)

Anyway, I have found that I can be HONEST with my bosses about how I am feeling a lot of pressure and they actually are doing something about it and being flexible. I've been feeling inadequate at my job because I've been unable to meet deadlines, and I've been very kindly reassured that I am meeting and going above expectations. Wow, what an amazing thing to be appreciated at work.

Ok, so I haven't been too whiny, but it's good to sometimes write this stuff out and come to realize the facts. Blogging=therapy=good.

1 comment:

Judy said...

It;s ok to be whiney once in a while. I hope your vacation is a refreshing one. It sounds like it is much needed.
Oh, Btw...
Christy Balser's husband passed away last night. You can read about it off Lisa Dunn's blog if you havent already. I knew you guys chummmed around in college.