I have a confession to make. I hate Madame Bovary.
I've been trying to broaden my literary horizons. I've read lots of great, good, and ok books. I've been reading Madame Bovary for a while now. And I'm doing something I REALLY don't like to do. I'm giving up on it. I've read about 100 pages and I just can't force myself through anymore.
Kevin tells me that it's fine, I don't have to finish it, but he doesn't understand! I don't "not finish" books! Even books that aren't good, I finish. But unfortunately, I can't choke down one more word of Madame Bovary. It's boring as all hell.
I'm such a rebel.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I remember having to read certain books (great literature?) back in school that were torture to finish. But,I made myself a promise back then that once I graduated, NO ONE could EVER force me to read anything that I didn't want to again. I've struggled through some non fiction through the years that I thought would be good for me, but as for boring novels.... pooh! I'll close it up after 50 or so pages without one ioda of remorse! lol
you have such bad confessions. I wish mine could be so "bad". you are too funny. I am not a big fan of hers if that helps any.
b.o.r.i.n.g.
I wasnt saying your blog was boring btw.
Post a Comment