
My husband has provided a perfect example of how people like to take the easy way out. Tonight, he came home from work, his pot pie was in the microwave, almost done. He was so insanely hungry (apparently), that he stopped the microwave 18 seconds early. Then he grabbed the pot pie with his bare hands and dropped it on the floor. I'm still laughing my butt off. (But I was nice and said I'd go with him to the store and get him a new one. He refused.)
Now, if he had taken the time to grab a pot holder, this wouldn't have happened most likely. Apparently the 3 or 4 seconds it would have taken was just too long, and his "I want it now" mentality has ruined his dinner. He has to wait now for something else to cook, and his 3 seconds saved has now turned into about a 20 minute wait. And now his wife is laughing at him incessantly.
But, in a little bit of a serious spirit, it's unfortunate that people do as little as they possibly can to get a certain result. Sometimes it's worth taking the few extra seconds, hours, days, etc. to get it right. We humans can be so silly sometimes, myself included. I would love to hear some of your stories about som
ething you flubbed up because you were too impatient....so I can laugh at you.

1 comment:
Funny stuff. Isn't it awesome that God gives us the perfect person to laugh at in life... I know for me, it is totally MY husband. As for a story, I will have to get back with you on that one. I am sure it is some kind of home improvement project...I am real impatient with those.
Post a Comment