So Kevin's friend, Jason, who is a lazy bachelor (love ya Jason), was singing the praises of Peapod, the online grocery store order/delivery thing. Immediately I poo-poo'd him because, well, he is a lazy bachelor, and I thought he would only order groceries online because he couldn't tear himself away from a video game. He was explaining, that yes, there is a delivery charge, but the groceries are the same price. Uh huh. Right.
So in my efforts to PROVE HIM WRONG, I did my own little game of The Price is Right. I went onto the Peapod website to look up items I know. The price of...milk, spaghetti, cereal. I just kept making my list and watching the total on the side. I made a whole week's work of a list, and realized some things:
I was having fun.
I HATE the grocery store and uh, this would be a great way to avoid it. (Seriously, those old ladies in the store may look all sweet and innocent, but they will mow you down if you're in their way.)
When you're not actually IN the grocery store, it's easy to avoid buying things that you didn't have on your list, like chips and Entemann's.
The website makes it MUCH easier to see the sales.
You control your spending, as you can track your total as you're going along.
You can create a list of things you buy all the time, and the website saves it.
If you forget something, you have time to change your order.
and...
The prices were the same.
Color me ashamed for being so judgmental about this! Of course there are downsides, like the delivery charge, but it's not too bad really. And yes, there were some things I could not find. But when you weigh the good vs. bad, the good is far better. So I made my first order on Peapod. (I'm like one of those people who set out to prove there is no God, then became a 100% believer!) Now if only I could get them to stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way to my house, and pick me up a medium french vanilla coffee cream only.
Busy mommies out there....you gotta do this. I know I will love this even more when I'm a busy mommy.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so I looked up this service. Can you believe it isnt in Columbus? I would sooooo be doing this.
Oh man! think if they offered this in my area, Steuben is so far away from the rest of the world! Think of the gas savings!!
The best place I like to be is home anyway!
Love Ya Shannon & Kevin
Aunt Deb
Post a Comment