Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Passwords

For those of you who couldn't care less about the minutia of my life, this is a blog you may want to skip.

So. Passwords. I am sick and tired of carrying around 25,000 user names and passwords in my brain for different applications. They tell you not to use the same password for everything, and you must also base your user names and passwords on certain criteria (e.g. must be 6-15 characters long and contain a number and a symbol and a letter of the greek alphabet). Ugh. It seems to me, the more technologically-advanced we become, the more we inconvenience ourselves.

This is the year 2008, we're in the 21st century, people! Here's what I want to know. Where are the technologies where we use our thumbprint or an optical scan to access everything? If "they" expect us to use technology, they better make it less tedious and annoying. I have much more important things to use my brain power on.

No comments: