Thursday, January 31, 2008

Little observations

Have made several miscellaneous observations lately that made me think. Some positive, some negative. See below:
  1. Women's pants are complicated. Really. I mean, what is up with all the buttons, hooks, snaps, zippers, etc.? I've learned that you should not wait too long to go pee because it may take you a good minute to undo all of these things. One minute in "pee-pee" time is a long time when you have to go real bad.
  2. There are still people who are nice to strangers. Today I was slightly late for the bus and the bus driver was kind enough to wait for me. That meant a lot to me. I don't think she was happy about waiting, but she did, and I appreciate it. Also, at my work, people in elevators actually exchange smiles, and wish you a good day when you exit. In a world where we're being taught to avoid all human contact at any cost (email, auto-attendants, ATMs, etc.), it's nice to know that general friendliness is still out there.
  3. I like getting new office supplies as opposed to stocking my desk with supplies that have floated around the office for who-knows-how-long. Unfortunately this doesn't jive with my going green initiative, but it's for sanitary reasons. Example: I knew a girl who would cut slices of American cheese with her letter opener. I feel bad for whomever had to use that letter opener after she left the company.
  4. You shouldn't eat too much sugar for breakfast. I know this, but sometimes forget it. It makes you feel yucky and could possibly ruin your whole day.
  5. When you like your job, you're a much happier person. Don't really need to expound upon this point.
  6. Last, people drop out of your life and don't tell you why. I've done this, and regretted it. I hope I'm woman enough to never do that again. Now, a couple of people who I thought were friends have stopped talking to me. I have been completely unsuccessful in finding out what I did wrong. I've been left to speculate, and in that process I get very angry. Since there is no resolution to this conundrum in sight, I've decided I just need to let it go. I've tried to let it go, but I think I need to do something more that decide. I think I need to have a ritual burning or something...it has to be a tangible way that I can really flush this anger emotion out of my system. I think I'll do this today. Anyone who wants to join me can bring marshmallows :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO FREAKING WEIRD.... but I still love you. ERIC

Judy said...

I will bring the marshmallows...what time is the ceremony?

Janet said...

You're not weird at all....you're a woman and I understand exactly what you're saying. ;-)

Re: the "friends" who stopped talking to you ~ burn those marshmellos and keep a few left over for the future burnings. lol

This is something that happens to us all now and then. We run into these personality clashes and want to work them out because... hey - EVERYONE wants to be liked. But, it's usually futile because these other people won't have any of it. Probably because they know deep inside that they're wrong to feel the way they do. But their insecurities or whatever play a big part of it and suddenly they're just not comfortable around us anymore. Then they'll root out the other insecure, unhappy people in their lives and bond and reassure each other that they're the OK ones and then there's two that aren't talking to you. lol