Monday, January 28, 2008

The wheels on the bus DO go round and round

At least they did for me!

I finally did it. I took the bus to and from work today. I loved it. It was fun. I liked just sitting back and letting someone else do the driving. Another great thing about it is that I'm going to be saving money on gas, garage-parking fees, and using mass transit is helping me go greener.

Riding the bus is something I was scared to do, which may sound dumb to some people, but hey, I'm from a small town. I knew nothing about how to figure out the schedule or how to pay for it, blah, blah, blah. I did lots of research and got a handle on what I thought I needed to do, and it worked. I always thought I'd be a city slicker when I grew up. I've come to realize that I'm never going to be, and that doesn't mean I can't like the city, it's just that I'm never going to turn into a metropolitan chic. And I'm ok with that.

I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to take the bus! It's definitely a good way to go!

2 comments:

Judy said...

ahhh...I want to ride the bus, but have the same fears you did. My boys are always bugging me to go for a ride. I might just try it.

Anonymous said...

Knowing Hartford traffic all too well, that must have been nice.

How was the seating availability? I would worry about someone undesireable sitting too close to my personal space. I think you already know how I am about that!