So, I am trying to go green. I admit to being lax in the last few years, but I decided that it's just lazy to do this. I am starting to care much more about the environment I live in. I'm getting better about recycling and being conscious about what I consume. For example, I've decided that rather than buying bottles of water, it's better to have a water jug that I just wash out. I'm trying to use less energy around the house, keeping an eye out for things I can unplug, turn off, etc. I'm trying to avoid buying "stuff" just to have new stuff. There's no need for a new dining room table, while the one I have is just fine. This is also making me more judicious about the things I do buy, because I take into consideration the fact that I may have to live with this item for a LONG time. Kevin and I try to run our errands to save on gas
Here's the thing: I didn't know how much I would feel the benefit directly. I thought that I was just one contributor to making the earth better. But man, it's starting to save me money and I just feel good about it. It's helping me be less materialistic. I'm personally changing because of it. I encourage everyone to care more, if only to benefit yourself.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My 7 year old's teacher is very green. Andrew has been asking me to start recycling things around the house. In the matter of a day, our bins were full. I felt really bad that I didn't start sooner. As for the purchasing thing goes...let me know how you do. I am working on that. Hey, at least I donate my old stuff to charity. haha. In all seriousness, press on. It will make a difference.
Post a Comment